Castor House Gardens
2020 Garden Openings
Under the National Gardens Scheme
Private visits by appointment - cancelled due to Covid 19
- Sunday 23rd August 2-5pm. Admission £6. Book on-line on the NGS website
- Tuesday 8th September 2-5pm Admission £6 Book on-line on the NGS website
Plants and Gardens of New Zealand 2020 Claire & Ian trip
- The C17 house was built for the Bishop of Peterborough. The specimen trees in the woodland and the cedars were planted c.1850.
- The main gardens were extensively redesigned in 2010.
- Link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwQXw3jHCfU&feature=youtu.be
- “Hot” flower border (July/August/ September)
- Rose Garden planted with over 40 different varieties of roses, mainly ‘Roses of the year’ & ‘Gold Standard’ roses
- Spring fed stream garden with three interlinked ponds
- Potager together with greenhouse and tropical borders
- Cottage garden
- Peony and prunus walk
- Willow arbour and hydrangea 'Annabel' walk
- White garden
- Attractive C17 house (not open)
- Tea room seating 30
- 1 acre walled kitchen garden, now an orchard with 40+ named apple varieties.
- Winter border
- 8 acres of woodland planted c1850, including pets' graveyard
Last Updated 6/4/20