Castor House Gardens
2019 Garden Openings
Under the National Gardens Scheme
Private visits by appointment
- Sunday 18th August 2-5pm. Homemade teas and plant stall. Admission £6. Children 16 and under free.
- A small number of groups are welcome to visit each year.
- Minimum of 20, cost £8 per head.
- Tea/ coffee and biscuits included.
- The C17 house was built for the Bishop of Peterborough. The specimen trees in the woodland and the cedars were planted c.1850.
- The main gardens were extensively redesigned in 2010.
- “Hot” flower border (July/August/ September)
- Rose Garden planted with over 40 different varieties of roses, mainly ‘Roses of the year’ & ‘Gold Standard’ roses
- Spring fed stream garden with three interlinked ponds
- Potager together with greenhouse and tropical borders
- Cottage garden
- Peony and prunus walk
- Willow arbour and hydrangea 'Annabel' walk
- White garden
- Attractive C17 house (not open)
- Tea room seating 30
- 1 acre walled kitchen garden, now an orchard with 40+ named apple varieties.
- Winter border
- 8 acres of woodland planted c1850, including pets' graveyard
Last Updated 27/10/2017